Bitcoin is the best long-term store of value

gelard

Neophyte
Reaction score
Look, compared to savings in a bank or gold or anything else, Bitcoin is a much stronger store of value. The reason is that it is based on technology and not on human beings. Economies can collapse. Gold doesn't accumulate value quick enough.. Bitcoin is a solid investment and a store of value that is programmed to increase in value.

BlockchainNVx

Neophyte
Reaction score
Gold is still a very strong store of value as well. It's been proven over hundreds/thousands of years to be a reliable way to transfer and store wealth.

Reactions: FreeSpirit

FreeSpirit

Neophyte
Reaction score
Store of value ! Lets begin with the right questions : Whhat is value ?!? What gives somethig value ?!? The way people see it now ...Thats it....There is some value in the technology even if there are a lot more cryptocurrencies that are better in many ways...Actually it is based on code ...AI code :))))And you cannot programm something to go up in value nope ...There is a lot of FoMo and a lot of FUd that makes the value go up and down but nobody can programm anything to go up or down in value ...

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
And you cannot programm something to go up in value
Do you think that in the case of Bitcoin specifically, and in cryptocurrencies in general, that you can actually program an asset to go up in value with mechanisms like designing the cost of mining to continually rise, therefore having an artificial upward pressure on price over the longterm?

FreeSpirit

Neophyte
Reaction score
To be honest with you o I dont ...It is am.asset only to be taxed by the governments ....The cost of mining is continually rising cause of the Moore's Law but even that is comming to a halt...I dont think we can go beyond 7 nm...I dont ...But the quantum.computer is also around the corner so ...It's very intricate to plan something like you said and a lot of elements you have no influence on so final answer is No it cannot be programmed...