Crypto trading and Machine Learning?

zandana

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have experience with modeling Machine Learning algorithms for trading stocks and futures for a hedge fund. Since I have been involved in the crypto bull market 2017, participated in many ICO's and etc, I'm now thinking of possible Machine Learning implementation for crypto algo trading.

Is there room for ML in crypto trading? I have a lot of concerns about the crypto market as a whole , i know that most of the volumes in many exchanges are fake, no regulations, high volatility and etc, it's still Wild West.

What are your opinions?

Reactions: Entelechy

shaigan_

Freshman
Reaction score
Hi @zandana , I'm currently running an ML-based bitcoin trading bot. It's quite recent but backtesting and first days of real trading looks very promising.
From what I've seen when testing different data, you are right in that a lot of market data is not trustworthy. Hence I spend most of the time checking if specific market data lines have real value but most of it is pure noise.
The crypto trading market is still really young and most people use very simple approaches, I think there's definitely an hedge to be found with ML.

Bipoon

Freshman
Reaction score
+1

We've also implemented Neural Net-based algorithms and ran bots in real- and demotrading accounts. The statistics show us that's the thing worth exploring.

We have Neural Network Module specifically designed for trading needs. It's public and available currently for free. If you want you can try and build your own ML-based algorithm and run a bot (demo or live) on our algotrading platform "Bipoon" (http://bipoon.com)