Discussion about Shaigan_'s bot

daybyter

Freshman
Reaction score
You purchase the API account, so you can access the exchange. Most of the protocols are not really open source, so it's not so easy to use them for your exchange.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
You purchase the API account, so you can access the exchange. Most of the protocols are not really open source, so it's not so easy to use them for your exchange.
Ahh ok. Have you also considered buying a white label exchange and using that. Even with some customization it would reduce much of the workload.

I think exchanges are super ambitious so good on you. Trading bots are much lower level but easier to realise revenue from.

daybyter

Freshman
Reaction score
Since I want to create a better exchange, it makes no sense to buy other folks code.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
For sure I agree that pre-made code isn't a great solution when producing something original and high quality, just that the workload for building an exchange is IMMENSE and would take a team of very high level coders many months to even get a half-decent MVP

Last edited:

shaigan_

Freshman
Reaction score
In a way you are right. But then I'm so fed up with those immature crypto exchanges. Most of the time, you just code around API shortcomings or bugs, instead of focussing on your strategy.
I had absolutely zero problems with APIs for now. I’m using Bitfinex and BitMEX

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever done any work with triangular arbitrage? I was interested in looking into it a while ago but in the end went with building simple trend bots.

daybyter

Freshman
Reaction score
Have you ever done any work with triangular arbitrage? I was interested in looking into it a while ago but in the end went with building simple trend bots.
This bot did exactly this, but could do arb over more than 3 points.
There was a time, when triangle arb worked great, but btc-e, where I
mainly traded, became really crowded with bots later, and it seemed
to me that some had better access than other...so no more chance for
arb profit... :-(