I have to defeat my coffee addiction

matrixmax

Neophyte
Reaction score
I know a lot of people drink a lot of coffee but I don't feel like friends of mine feel as crappy when they don't get it in the morning. It totally puts me in the zone to work all day, but without it I've got the most brutal brain fog. I don't want to be reliant on coffee and think it's time to wean myself off it.. slowly and delicately :)

J.Babe.Abel

Neophyte
Reaction score
I know a lot of people drink a lot of coffee but I don't feel like friends of mine feel as crappy when they don't get it in the morning. It totally puts me in the zone to work all day, but without it I've got the most brutal brain fog. I don't want to be reliant on coffee and think it's time to wean myself off it.. slowly and delicately :)
As long as you don't drink excessive amounts then there's no reason you should give it up... there are many benefits to drinking coffee, and increasing focus is absolutely one of them. Plus, everyone's different... don't be shamed out of drinking coffee, it's the best!! :D:coffee:(y) If your drinking more than 3 a day...then consider reducing, also drinking it after midday can disrupt your sleep's quality as it stays in your system a long time.

I know this as I'm also a coffee lover and have looked into the pros and cons...and it's all pros so long as you drink it in moderation (like most things in life).

Reaction score
As long as you don't drink excessive amounts then there's no reason you should give it up... there are many benefits to drinking coffee, and increasing focus is absolutely one of them. Plus, everyone's different... don't be shamed out of drinking coffee, it's the best!! :D:coffee:(y) If your drinking more than 3 a day...then consider reducing, also drinking it after midday can disrupt your sleep's quality as it stays in your system a long time.

I know this as I'm also a coffee lover and have looked into the pros and cons...and it's all pros so long as you drink it in moderation (like most things in life).
What he said man 👆, coffee is life!

IGMontero

Neophyte
Reaction score
As said above, I think there will be no issues if you drink a small amount, and before midday.
However, it's not good to rely on something like caffein to not be brain-fogged :). In that case it would be nice to experiment dropping your intake for a while.. Maybe you can buy decaf coffee and mix them, or just use the decaf one. It would really help the psychological aspect of not drinking it haha.

Cheers, and keep us updated ;)

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
coffee is life!
Haha the telltale sign of a dirty caffeine addict!

However, it's not good to rely on something like caffein to not be brain-fogged :)
Yeah 100%, and it's so tough to break the habit once you get into it as well. Most of the time it feels like it goes too far the other way and 4 cups in you're wired for the rest of the day.

J.Babe.Abel

Neophyte
Reaction score
As said above, I think there will be no issues if you drink a small amount, and before midday.
However, it's not good to rely on something like caffein to not be brain-fogged :). In that case it would be nice to experiment dropping your intake for a while.. Maybe you can buy decaf coffee and mix them, or just use the decaf one. It would really help the psychological aspect of not drinking it haha.

Cheers, and keep us updated ;)
It's true...if we were in good health then we shouldn't really be reliant on anything! Nevertheless...personally (for me), I say "fill her up" haha