I want to learn more about making money building custom VR avatars...

matrixmax

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm already involved in blockchain dev as my main source of revenue, but I want to look into other techs and whether I can generate some funds there too. I've heard a bit about coding custom avatars for VRchat. Anyone got experience with this and is making a bit of money from it?

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
I've heard a bit about coding custom avatars for VRchat. Anyone got experience with this and is making a bit of money from it?
I'd also be interested in this information! I've been wanting to learn 3D development so a paid gig would be just the kick in the rear I need to start learning.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
What is blockchain?
So blockchain is the technology which has made cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin possible. Normally when there is a type of money (like USD) there has to be a central bank to control it. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use blockchain to do what a central bank normally does - controlling how much is created and who owns what. Its huge list of what everyone owns, and it uses something called 'mining' to create new Bitcoin once every 10 minutes.

What do you do as a blockchain dev?
A blockchain dev is just a programmer that builds blockchains. "Smart contract" developers are similar to blockchain developers, and they create smart contracts, which is just a program that runs on a blockchain and does something that it's programmed to do.

Blockchain developers are in pretty high demand right now and generally make big salaries.

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
So blockchain is the technology which has made cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin possible. Normally when there is a type of money (like USD) there has to be a central bank to control it. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use blockchain to do what a central bank normally does - controlling how much is created and who owns what. Its huge list of what everyone owns, and it uses something called 'mining' to create new Bitcoin once every 10 minutes.

A blockchain dev is just a programmer that builds blockchains. "Smart contract" developers are similar to blockchain developers, and they create smart contracts, which is just a program that runs on a blockchain and does something that it's programmed to do.

Blockchain developers are in pretty high demand right now and generally make big salaries.
How do I get into this field and start learning about it?

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I get into this field and start learning about it?
Blockchain is super interesting, and is a really valuable set of knowledge/skills to have!

This would be a good place to start, I've got a bunch of Udemy codes to get 100% off certain courses and this is one about blockchain/crypto that looks pretty good: https://www.udemy.com/business-education-guide-to-blockchain-and-cryptocurrencies/?couponCode=HASH0324180119&ranMID=39197&ranEAID=VkwVKCHWj2A&ranSiteID=VkwVKCHWj2A-X0BPY3KC36S1UITT.QJy8Q&LSNPUBID=VkwVKCHWj2A

You should be able to just use that password and get it for free. I haven't done the course but it looks like it covers most of the foundational stuff.

Also just searching for 'blockchain' you'll find some good beginner videos too.

Reactions: letschat6

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
Blockchain is super interesting, and is a really valuable set of knowledge/skills to have!

This would be a good place to start, I've got a bunch of Udemy codes to get 100% off certain courses and this is one about blockchain/crypto that looks pretty good: https://www.udemy.com/business-education-guide-to-blockchain-and-cryptocurrencies/?couponCode=HASH0324180119&ranMID=39197&ranEAID=VkwVKCHWj2A&ranSiteID=VkwVKCHWj2A-X0BPY3KC36S1UITT.QJy8Q&LSNPUBID=VkwVKCHWj2A

You should be able to just use that password and get it for free. I haven't done the course but it looks like it covers most of the foundational stuff.

Also just searching for 'blockchain' you'll find some good beginner videos too.
Here's another blockchain course I found a free code for as well (actually looks better than the first one) - this would be a good starting point..
https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-ethereum-blockchain/?couponCode=BB_FREE&site_ref=discudemy.com
Thank you so much! I'll be checking this out when I get home.

Reactions: Entelechy

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
Just want to say I've been taking this course all evening (and got pretty far).126

This is incredibly fascinating!

Reactions: Entelechy