Welcome to any new crypto algo traders!

Karhal

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello world
Backend developer here based in France, very interested into building crypto bots

finkbeca

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am not completely new to programming, but I am still in most ways a beginner. I am quite intrigued in the process of building bots and really getting into crypto algo.

evotam

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Java developer and new to Algo Trading. I've also learned a bit of Solidity for the Ethereum Blockchain.

NominalNimbus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey, after I developed my algo trading&backtesting framework from idea2production during past ~10years (forex/cfd, crypto).
I was running a couple of algos on I and was lucky enough with it.
Now I open sourced the base framework + some examples at GitHub.
Anyone who like to try it => try it's free!

Reactions: Entelechy

hamishlou

Neophyte
Reaction score
Damn all of ya'll got very interesting backgrounds! (Read them all :p)
I'm Hamish
  • Traded crypto during the 'big boom boom' near end of 2017.
  • Pharmacist, and (first sem) Master of Data Science student at Monash.
  • ^ Cool titles, but a newbie in programming. Will contribute what I can with what I learn throughout my course.

Adcontino

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been creating algorithms and other programs for about 6 years now part time. I'm a full time electrical engineer but I've been programming off and on my entire life. Started this journey out in forex creating algos for myself before I moved to crypto. I've worked for 2 crypto currency hedge funds, and I now work part time(hopefully full time soon!) for a new fund I helped co-found. I am doing everything right now at that new fund including devops, systems managing, programming, and some investment research.

Reactions: hamishlou

RighteousApe

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
been actively trading for about 2 years but have no experience at all with programming. My younger brother advised me to pick up python and set me up with pycharm. Looking forward to interesting conversations and a steep learning curve. Based in Berlin, Germany.

Koala

Neophyte
Reaction score
Heya, final year CS undergrad here from Singapore, looking to gain experience and meet great people. Experienced (if anything) in programming, little exposure to finance.

nuu

Neophyte
Reaction score
25+ years in IT industry. Been around the block in all sorts of roles. Was developer in my younger years. Last 5 years was messing around with Unity trying to do games dev as hobby. Last month, I started crypto on binance and was amazed that it offered free data and api-based trading. Self taught myself python last week and built a downloader and a 'loss making (paper) trading bot. I realized I needed help.

diegomm

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm a physicist with programming experience (phyton, matlab). I've been trading forex for a while, but manually, no experience in algo trading.

Clonescody

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi everyone, 24yo french developper here. Still studying a Conception & Development Ingeneering degree, I mainly work with Node applications ( and it's frameworks such as React / React Native ), but I also have a back-end background ( Symfony, Laravel and PHP in general ).
I started buying/trading crypto in september 2017 even thought i knew about it since 2013. Since then, I've been looking at ways to use APIs and accesses to those markets from an application.

What I really like about this technology is the fact that it's been built by tech savvy people, persons and groups of persons who undestood the power of internet and decentralisation and decided to implement their idea giving a giant "I don't care" to the people already in charge.

For the anecdote, me and Karhal are working together IRL, and we already have a production-ready crypto trading bot for Binance wich is easily adaptable.

Reactions: Entelechy

reuptake

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey,

I did a lot of manual crypto trading and some stock market trading that was algo driven but not automated. Plus TONS of backtests. I prefer long term trading. Not a programer but I can write some code if needed. My preferred platform was Amibroker.

I've developed a strategy for cryptos which is much better than B&H, and looking for someone who could help me automate it.

MordantBlack

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi all,

Experienced in python, traditional Machine learning techniques & tensorflow. Traded forex & Cryptos, invested in a few ICOs & thankfully profitable.
Eager to learn more & exchange trading ideas as well.

bigboy87

Neophyte
Reaction score
hi everyone, greetings from a newcomer here :)
I have been working as Data Scientist for 2 years now, familiar with Pandas, Scikit Learn and Keras. Have been interested in Quant and Algo trading for a while but just recently pick it up again.
Have some experience with Quantopian and Zipline. Now, I'm using Catalyst (a derivative of Zipline for Cryptocurrency:https://enigma.co/catalyst/) to implement a strategy here: https://www.udemy.com/cryptocurrency-never-losing-formula-bitcoin-trading/, running backtest for some pairs and writing script to visualize the trade with Plotly: https://plot.ly/~pham_fitsense/90/rsi-sep-15mvol-c-500-e-vol-week-2017-09-01-2019-03-01-btc-usdtis-many-trades-tra/#/
I have experience with data science, machine learning and implementing algorithm but just a beginner in trading strategy, technical analysis and cryptocurrencies. Looking forward to learn more about different strategies and opportunity to collaborate with all of you :)

Paolof89

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm interesting in learning about trading. I have long experience in time series analysis and forecasting with python keras and tensorflow.

Kylepowers103

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m a former trader that just finished a data science boot camp and looking to combine both skillsets in the crypto algo space. Based in nyc just looking to get smarter and learn to run and maintain models.

daybyter

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi from germany!

30+ years of coding experience. Wrote a couple of bots in the last years in Java, C++ etc. Mainly interested in arb. Also working on exchange code. Learning about FPGAs at the moment to speed up things. Looking for other coders for a collaboration.

Marten

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Marten from Stockholm. I've been working as a developer for 10+ years and I'm totally new to algo trading and crypto. My aim is to learn about this field and to build a trading bot and maybe make a few bucks :)