Welcome to any new crypto algo traders!

DukeNukem42

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm Matt and live in the USA. I've been a control systems engineer for almost 4 years after graduating university with a ChemE major/ CompSci minor.

I've been screwing around in the markets for about a year, and taking it seriously for about 3 months. I've been paper trading the last 2 months and am doing alright, but my job/schedule doesn't allow me to consistently trade the market more than 1 or 2 days a week. Been researching algotrading and actually may need to start learning pandas anyways for a project, so I figure this is a great time to start trying to figure this out. I know a decent amount about coding and also a decent amount about trading, but nothing about mixing them together. Here's to the learning process.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome @reuptake @MordantBlack @bigboy87 @Paolof89 @Kylepowers103 @daybyter @Marten @DukeNukem42 !

If you're looking to learn about more crypto algo trading frameworks, here's a thread from NominalNimbus with a list of open-source frameworks you can check out.

Alex

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently collecting crypto market data to hopefully use in a trading strat. I've worked a little bit in the trading industry and now am trying things on my own.

Would love to meet like mindened people.

Best,
Alex

zandana

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have experience in trading algorithms evaluation and modeling, Python, Time Series analysis and Machine Learning. Have participated in many ICO's before the bear market.
Just starting to build a platform for modeling and evaluating trading crypto algos.

GreyZephyr

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm another convert from r/algotrading. Former mathematician, now sort of a data scientist. Used to have a stat arb bot up and running but ended up beng more profitable to hodl.

deathslayer112

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a data scientist and quant interested in algo trading. My main tools are Python and R, I was involved with my algo trading club on campus and mainly associate with hedge funds.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome @GreyZephyr @deathslayer112.

I've had a few people contact me privately asking about questions that they would like answered within the sphere of crypto algo trading, and my advice would be to anyone with questions that you'd like answered to create a thread here in this subforum outlining what you'd like to know, and someone with a bit of knowledge will no doubt be able to help you out.

Also in the coming couple of days we should have our first AMA from two guys who are working together on an open source algo trading project, and they'll be fielding any questions you might have about their project and the way they've approached algo trading.

Reactions: bigboy87

cryptopanda

Neophyte
Reaction score
Welcome Everyone.
I'm an IT engineer. Enthusiastic bitcoiner, prefer to find the algotrading way to trading than doing discretionary. Is it feasible or not still not decided.

jeremyx

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey there,
programmer here (mostly Java&Python) interrested in algo trading but without any experience :)

cryptojesus

Neophyte
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm new to algo trading, which seems to have become a new interest of mine. I code in mostly whatever is best suitable for the task (lately Rust and Python) and have some experience with deep learning, although would like to get a lot more.

I've been working with crypto (and loving it!) for about 5 years now and would like to continue but possibly from a more analytical/trading angle. Ideally, would be cool to join forces with someone here and build something awesome or at least help each other learning.

Konstantin

Knok

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been at an old school NYC based fund for 20 years. Their bread and butter, which has kept them in business and me employed, has been largely based on fundamentals. They really haven't kept up with the times and embraced algo trading, but I think that they are finally starting to look around to see what everyone else is doing.

I am mainly in IT, but have been studying the markets for 15 years. I focus mostly on technical analysis where I create new indicators and strategies. I spent many years on equities, moved to crypto in early 2013, and am currently attempting to conquer forex.

I'm also interested in big data / data mining....always trying to figure out new places to find and compile off the beaten path data sets.

The biggest thing holding me back is that I am not a programmer.

I am personally looking to connect/share with more like minded individuals and maybe combine talents to see what we can come up with as a group.