Welcome to any new crypto algo traders!

shaigan_

Freshman
Reaction score
Hi everybody! Is this community still alive?

Let me introduce myself. I'm French, 26 years old. I have both an engineering (MSc) and financial background (MBA). I'm self-taught in machine learning but I went quite far in this field, continuously learning the latest tech available. I mainly learned on Coursera through the classic courses : machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning etc.

I began trading Bitcoin and cryptos in May 2017, and am still an active trader working for myself. From the begining I've been testing automated algorithmic trading approaches, but I started working full time on this project three months ago.

I currently run a fully automated trading bot (launched a few weeks ago) written in Python, based on machine learning powered market analysis and trading through the API of a bitcoin exchange. I started publishing my trades here on a basic tool built by a member of r/bitcoinmarkets.

I'll be happy to share progress, good practices and ideas with people working on a similar approach.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @shaigan_ , the forum has been quiet for the last few weeks while working on a few things relating to revamping what's on offer here, but would be good to start up some conversations again.

I like the display tool you had built. Are they live trades or paper backtesting?

shaigan_

Freshman
Reaction score
Hey @shaigan_ , the forum has been quiet for the last few weeks while working on a few things relating to revamping what's on offer here, but would be good to start up some conversations again.

I like the display tool you had built. Are they live trades or paper backtesting?
I am not the one who built the tool but a member of r/bitcoinmarkets as I wrote, I have to give credit where credit is due.
Yes, these are live trades.
I hope this community goes on, it is a very good start.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not the one who built the tool but a member of r/bitcoinmarkets as I wrote, I have to give credit where credit is due.
Yes, these are live trades.
I hope this community goes on, it is a very good start.
The guy(s) who built the trade results display did a really nice job of it. Your bot's doing well judging from the results in the table as well, are you planning on providing any signals from the bot at some point or really just using it for your own trading?

Thanks for the kind words about the community as well.. there's still a long way to go, but if you have any suggestions about how to create more value here for new and experienced technologists let me know!

I've recently added two new sections to the marketplace for selling code and selling data as well (https://stadivm.com/forums/code-market.97/, https://stadivm.com/forums/data-market.99/) and we're releasing a number of new services related to crypto trading and investing data as well

shaigan_

Freshman
Reaction score
You're doing great work! I hope you succeed and reach your goals for this platform.

As in any machine learning project, my bot crafts its own indicators (signals) in a way that is not easily interpretable by a human (who can mostly think only with a collection of simple individual indicators), hence the only meaningful signal is the position of the current trade that I publish. The indicators used by the bot change often and are regularly updated automatically.

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
You're doing great work! I hope you succeed and reach your goals for this platform.

As in any machine learning project, my bot crafts its own indicators (signals) in a way that is not easily interpretable by a human (who can mostly think only with a collection of simple individual indicators), hence the only meaningful signal is the position of the current trade that I publish. The indicators used by the bot change often and are regularly updated automatically.
@shaigan_ I'm continuing this chat here (https://stadivm.com/threads/discussion-about-shaigan_s-bot.291/) to keep the intros thread relevant to intros.

Reactions: shaigan_

Char_Khan106

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm interested in crypto algo trading. What are some good resources to get started?