Where Would You Like to Go in VR?

Almighty_Denny

Neophyte
Reaction score
As for real places: I would love to visit in VR a recreation of some medieval castle from Scotland or Ireland.
When I was I child I had the opportunity to visit England, France and the Netherlands, but never got the chance to visit neither Scotland or Ireland, even if I always wanted to (due to several situations I can't travel no more nowadays)

I would also like a recreation of the ISS, the Moon, Mars and moons of Saturn and Jupiter! It would have the advantage that I could 'visit' them without the real-life risks due to lack of atmosphore, micro-gravity, EM fields and radiation exposure, lol

For fictional places:
Any setting from the LOTR or Star Wars sagas would be awesome!

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
...never got the chance to visit neither Scotland or Ireland, even if I always wanted to (due to several situations I can't travel no more nowadays)
Are you aware that there is an application called Google Earth VR that should let you visit those places? Depending on how up-to-date the Street View photos are, you could experience them without ever leaving your house!

I would also like a recreation of the ISS...
There are also two experiences where you can explore the ISS: Home: A VR Spacewalk and Mission:ISS (assuming you have access to an Oculus Rift).

As far as the moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and your fictional choices, those would be incredible to see!

Almighty_Denny

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey, thanks a lot for pointing out Google Earth VR and and A VR Spacewalk on Steam, will check it out as soon as I can!

To be honest, it seems I forgot about Google Earth VR. I vaguely recall that I read about it some time ago, but as I wasn't that much into anything VR related at that time it didn't stuck on my memory lol

Reactions: letschat6

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks a lot for pointing out Google Earth VR and and A VR Spacewalk on Steam, will check it out as soon as I can!

To be honest, it seems I forgot about Google Earth VR. I vaguely recall that I read about it some time ago, but as I wasn't that much into anything VR related at that time it didn't stuck on my memory lol
Definitely let me know what you think!

Entelechy

Stadivm Owner
Staff member
Reaction score
What's one place, real or otherwise, that you'd love to see in VR?
It'd be so cool being able to see other planets and the moon with VR. If the send up probes which map a big part of the landscape and then recreate a huge crater you could walk around that would be amazing!

25schmeckles

Freshman
Reaction score
What's one place, real or otherwise, that you'd love to see in VR?
This is a really interesting question. I think it'd be pretty incredible to see and experience the tunnels and tombs of the Egyptian pyramids or go inside the temple of Petra in Jordan with VR. Also, as already mentioned seeing what it's like on other planets in space, or just being in space in general.

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
This is a really interesting question. I think it'd be pretty incredible to see and experience the tunnels and tombs of the Egyptian pyramids or go inside the temple of Petra in Jordan with VR. Also, as already mentioned seeing what it's like on other planets in space, or just being in space in general.
Thanks! It's incredible what VR allows us to do without leaving our living room! I think exploring the pyramids would be SUPER cool. What's Petra if I may ask?

25schmeckles

Freshman
Reaction score
Petra is incredible ... "Petra is a famous archaeological site in Jordan's southwestern desert. Dating to around 300 B.C., it was the capital of the Nabatean Kingdom. Accessed via a narrow canyon called Al Siq, it contains tombs and temples carved into pink sandstone cliffs, earning its nickname, the "Rose City." Perhaps its most famous structure is 45m-high Al Khazneh, a temple with an ornate, Greek-style facade, and known as The Treasury." (google's description says it better than I could ;)😛)

Needless to say, seeing what's inside without leaving your living room would be amazing. Check this out:

letschat6

Associate Member
Reaction score
Petra is incredible ... "Petra is a famous archaeological site in Jordan's southwestern desert. Dating to around 300 B.C., it was the capital of the Nabatean Kingdom. Accessed via a narrow canyon called Al Siq, it contains tombs and temples carved into pink sandstone cliffs, earning its nickname, the "Rose City." Perhaps its most famous structure is 45m-high Al Khazneh, a temple with an ornate, Greek-style facade, and known as The Treasury." (google's description says it better than I could ;)😛)

Needless to say, seeing what's inside without leaving your living room would be amazing. Check this out:

View attachment 133
Wow! Beautiful!